Friday, April 18, 2008

OJT Day 1 ++

I started my OJT in ACED earlier today. It was really fun and of course a bit tiring. It started out a bit boring since I just assisted Nat in a report she was writing. After lunch Karen and I met up with Sir Joel who briefed us about what we were expected to accomplish after our OJT. We were basically tasked to plan and head the Brigada Eskwela, a yearly project that aims to help public schools in Metro Manila in maintaining their equipments and facilities. Moreover, we were supposed to help out with Mam Maria's project: e-Kasi QC!

After our briefing, Nat, Karen, Shan and I started planning for the Brigada Eskwela. I got to head the logistics committee, but we were all going to help out in each other's committees. We basically have to coordinate with different people, manage the expenses, plan the event, call for volunteers, etc. We finished up with the list of tasks we have to accomplish for our project, and made up a timetable for them.
We also finalized our theme for this year's Brigada Eskwela: Bayanihan.

Other than that, we were asked to do reports on different public schools. Sir Joel asked Karen and I to go to the Basic Education Office located in the Ateneo High School complex. Ms. Janet asked us to do a report (after 'mistakingly' letting us do community service work) on Imbunia Elementary High School based on the survey sheets, interview transcripts and participant observations that their researchers conducted in the area.

Mam Mai also asked me to go to Nueva Ecija as ACED representative next Monday-Tuesday for the Manumbalik Muli Program.

PS: we were supposed to keep documentation of our experiences on the job. I still plan to make a blog specifically for this though I don't yet have the time.


AFTER: Team RP Work

But work doesn't stop there.
ELi and I had to go to Ateneo law School for our Team Rp meeting where we presented our researches on the Freedom to Information Law. After which we presented the script we were going to use for the streetplay. They said it was ok and Harvey told me: good job! yey! but it still needs to be edited. well at least the main storyline was approved.

We still need to prepare another script for the transparency bottle line up. I hope we can finish all these by sunday.

Other tasks:
-Sir paul zialcita asked us to go to Penguin Bar in Malate to meet some of the Why Not? people and other musicians and artists in his circle.
-Attend Meeting of some supporters of the FOI and Senator Bong revilla next tuesday which I might not be able to attend because I have to go to Nueva Ecija for aced.
-Find volunteers for the streetplays
-Fix the background music/ minus one for the streeplay.
-finalize venues for streetplay

ACIL:
-meet with other formations head to plan our projects
-Katekit

Assembly:
-CIP
-consti
-projects
-contact database

I need a break.

No comments: