Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Fate

We live in different sides of the universe.
Surely we shouldn't have doubted
Fate for bringing us together
Here, at this star, so small yet so bright.

We crossed every ocean, every land,
In search for something greater than ourselves.
We found the grand design,
That meant for me to finally meet you.

I keep on wondering about this day.
To trust on chance that she was untrue.
That every little detail, every narrow road,
brought me precisely to you.

Certainty is hard to grasp.
Faith, I had called for in each sorrow,
A virtue I tried my best to keep in check,
Believing life would not stray me from you.

Many times I prayed for all things to be in place,
Now I know the Lord was listening after all.
My prayers of thanksgiving, I sing in glee.
That God blessed me with love from thee.


I wish someday this poem I sing in truth, and love, and serenity.

No comments: